Tuesday, April 3, 2012

2:07 am

G just came into our room saying he'd had a dream about scary things.  "And...I lost a slipper."  This last statement almost made him cry.  That boy loves his slippers. 

I told him to climb in and cuddle with us.  He put his head on K's pillow and his hand on K's back.  I love that he draws comfort and strength from his daddy. 

After a few minutes I asked if he was ok.  He said, "Yes, but could we say a prayer or something, but I want to keep my eyes open."  He asked me to say it so I did.   He is now in his own bed, hopfully having a peaceful rest. 

He told me I was 'a great mom' for him.  I only hope I can live up to that statement.  He's a pretty awesome kid.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

Mary said...

He is a pretty awesome kid. And you are a great mom.

I couldn't help but think of Cinderella when I read what he said. :)