We were able to take part in a massive Cook extended family reunion. It was held up at the LDS Church's camp propery and our whole Henke family fit in one cabin.
The boys love anything to do with camping and flashlights so they were in heaven.
There was a program with some of our family history stories. I really enjoyed hearing more about my own anscestors. Someone also wrote a song about Henry Freeman Cook that G loved singing and sang for weeks afterward. I didn't realize H's name was a family name so that was cool to learn.
It was quite sunny and G was having some attitude about participating. (He was probably a little bored too) so he laid down on the ground between the log benches through out most of the program.
This my Uncle Doug portraying Henry Freeman Cook.
On our walk back to the cabit we took a shortcut path and walked right next to a deer. It was probably the closeset I've ever been to one in the wild.
Then we got all set to sleep on our bunks for the night. The boys fit in one bunk and K and I were across from each other. We tried to put the boys to bed at a decent time, but it is so hard to sleep when there are so many people in one room and so much going on outsite. It took a LONG time for them to fall asleep.
K and I went out and played games with Henke cousins at different campsites and eventually came back to go to bed. As you can see, he had no trouble sleeping. I on the other hand didn't sleep much the whole night. I'm not sure what it was, but I saw every hour that night. I'm really not a huge fan of camping. I'm getting soft in my old age and really prefer my own bed.
The next day they had some activities available. Some of our cousins did canoeing and the zipline. We participated in some group building activities and watched the zipline.
G just likes chillin.
H found a sandbox so he was happy.
K did the zipline.
Later that day I took the boys over for some children's activities. They got to do some relay races
and games like button, button, who's got the button.
It was fun to experience that large of a family reunion.
No comments:
Post a Comment