Thursday, April 1, 2010

I've been saving up...

For months now I've been collecting 'G stories' on little post-it notes and sticking them next to my computer for when I have 'time'. I've decided I'm never going to have time, I just need to make time. I'm a little ashamed at how old some of these are and that I don't have dates for all of them.


*Proof that the repetitive commercials on Hulu work:
(overheard when he was in the tub)
"This is Dove. It takes care of the damage--like this. Pour the water and it tips over your head."

*Playing on a computer game G blurts out, "She's just a trashy cat." I soon figured out he meant cheshire cat.

*Driving home one evening I said, "Guess what we're having for dinner tonight? Pizza!" He flung his arms out wide and said, "Mom! You're a genius!"

*I don't know if I ever wrote about G's names for cars. When he was 3 he consistently called Fords 'Enner' and Toyotas 'Hicko'. Every time he saw their symbol he would call them that and we couldn't trick or confuse him on which was which. I have no idea where that came from, or why those partictular names, but he just recently informed me that they are now Ford and Toyota. I guess it was just a phase and he grew out of it.

*We really like the 'Diary of a...' books.
In 'Diary of a Spider' there is a section where the spider tells how his grandpa taught them three things at school. 1. Spiders are not insects. Insects have six legs. 2. Without spiders, insects could take over the world. and 3. Butterflies tastes better with a little barbecue sauce.

Awhile ago we were out running some errands and out of nowhere G starts talking and says, "My Uncle taught me three things: One. Kids are not insects. Two. Without kids, spiders could take over the word. Three. Food tastes better with a little ketchup."

I just love how he relates everything to his own life!


1/4/10
I cleaned something out of G's ear and said, "Look what I found in your ear!" He said, "Ear lashes?"

This was also the day he was so excited to tell me that he Pooped and Peeped!

3/11/10
Watching 'Merry Melodies' Porky the pig laid an egg. I said, "That's silly! Pigs don't lay eggs." G said, "Pigs lay mud!"

3/14/10
Because I was sick and K was kept up all night with H, G went to church with our neighbors. They said he did just fine the whole time, but wandered into the other wards' sacrament meeting as they were leaving the building and it took a few minutes to find him. When they got to our driveway, he burst into tears and said, "I'm so happy to be at my home sweet home!"

Later that day:
'Mom, I'm sleepy.'
'Do you want to take a nap?'

'No. I'm not sleepy, I'm just watchy. I want to watch a movie.'

3/15/10
'Mom, can you do me a favorite?'

3/26/10
In the car on the way to the pool:
"I wish I had a sister. We would go get her at the hospital and she would have shots and we would take her home and her name would be....Sarah!" (I did tell him that would be a little confusing since my name is Sarah, so he changed his mind to Emily.)

3/28/10
Late at night when I went in to check the boys:

'Hi Mom!'

'You should be asleep.'

'Mom, I'm dreaming about five fruits and veggies.'


4/1/10
G holding spray bottle while I combed his hair, "I'm gonna water my hair! Did you know I'm waxy? Oh, nice spray mom!" (He is always very genrous with his praise when he thinks we've done a good job).


4/9/10
As of today, he has decided he doesn't need a sister anymore, but he would like a dog, cat, hamster and rat instead.

I know that I've missed recording a lot of really great things. K told me, "You can't record EVERYTHING he says." I know he's right, but I wish I could just keep track of every good, special thing my kids do and say.

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

These are great! :) I love the "I'm dreaming about five fruits and veggies." comment. He is such a crack up.

I think that is a great idea to write the funnies down on sticky notes! My memory is so not what it once was and more than once I've sat down to blog and gone, "ummm....what was that that was so funny today?" Good idea.

Sami Carter said...

That is sooo cute, I love how you wrote them down on post it's what a swell idea!

Roxy said...

i swear he is the funniest kid i know. it's no wonder you have a hard time writing them all down. oh and you post on H made me cry. thanks a lot!

Lynae said...

I do the same 'collecting' thing, Sarah! Well, same as in I try to jot them down somewhere and don't collect them all together for a while.

Those were super cute! I got lots of good chuckles out of them.

Mary said...

I love reading G-isms! :) I'm so glad you saved up. He cracks me up every time.

Mary said...

So I just re-read these. Still just hilarious.

Kim N said...

I love reading your kids stories! Those are great. Gordon is a very bright little boy.