Saturday, February 20, 2010

Anniversary Weekend

I'll say it up front, I took my camera and completely forgot to take any pictures. Sorry.

K and I try to 'get away', at least for overnight on or around our anniversary every year. Last year we had no job and no money, but because of the generosity of two of my sisters we got to any way. This year we have a job, but still very little money, and there were all kinds of timing issues with my mom being able to babysit so we didn't do any thing until the weekend after our anniversary.

We decided to do priceline to see if there were any hotels within a few hours drive that would accept our ridiculously cheap bid. Park City passed (surprise, surprise). Logan accepted (Yay Cache Valley!). So Friday afternoon, once Grandma was here and K was home from work, we got in the car and headed north. It may sound kind of silly, but one of our favorite things to do as a couple, is just drive together. It doesn't really matter where we're going, we just like driving and talking. We didn't get very far right away, we stopped at the Gateway to try and get K's phone issues worked out with Verizon. The sales guy there had some attitude so we didn't end up staying, but we did try out a new frozen yogurt place that was very good and I thought reasonably priced.

Eventually we got up to Logan, stopped at another Verizon store to fix K's phone issues, then went to check into the hotel. We stayed at the Best Western Weston. We didn't have any set plans, but I had a couple of gift certificates I was hoping we could use to save some money. We found out pretty quick we weren't going to be able to used them though. Who knew there was no Applebee's or Cinemark Theatre's in Logan? Not me.

We did go see a movie at the University theater. K being the gentleman that he is let me pick a chick flick, and then we went to the Bluebird for dinner. I think I had the Montreal Chicken? Not exactly a 'healthy' dish smothered in cream sauce, crab meat and avocado, but very tasty. We walked down to this huge out of print bookstore that I can't help visiting every time I'm up there. I rarely buy anything, but It's just so cool to be surrounded my that many old books. They've turned half of the store into a movie rental place, but it's still a cool experience. I usually spend most of my time in the Children's books just looking and wishing I had all the money in the world to spend on books.

Then it was back to our room and an attempt at a relaxing evening in the hot tub. That part was kind of a disappointment because there were tons of kids in and out of the pool and hot tub and they were spitting water on each other till I told them to cut it out. Plus, it was only lukewarm. I hate that. So we bailed on that idea and just went back to our room for sparkling cider and 75% off valentines chocolates that were SO GOOD. (Dove Dark Chocolate Raspberry Hearts, Oh. my. gosh.)

The next morning I actually woke up before K, which is almost unheard of, so I brought some breakfast back to our room and then we took a nap. When we got up again, we worked out in the exercise room then got ready to leave. We took our time going home. Stopped off in Layton to see the progress on my sister and brother-in-laws house and grabbed Subway for lunch to make up for our dinner the previous night.

It was such a pleasant anniversary, and I'm so glad I get to spend all my anniversaries with my very best friend.

No comments: