My parents are quite the team. My mom comes up with ideas of things that need to happen and my dad makes them happen. Let me give you an example.
My mom is really into Family History right now. Because of this, and because we live in such a convenient location (not to mention having a fabulous guest room!), she has spent some time at our house staying in our guest room. She is usually at the family history center from early until late, but there were a couple of evenings when she was around for dinner or bath time and bed time. Since she was here to witness bath time, she also go to witness how dark our little bathroom was. I say was because when my dad and K came up Friday night to spend conference weekend, she talked about how we really needed another light in our upstairs bathroom. Now, don't get me wrong. We knew we needed a light, but it was just one of those projects that we've been talking about since we moved into the house and it just hasn't happened yet. Well, when mom talks, Dad listens ;). Saturday morning found us at home depot buying a combination fan/light. There were already plans scheduled for Saturday, so we took a break from watching K and Dad cut holes in the bathroom, to go up to Bountiful to my Grandma's house. We met most of the rest of my family there and the guys proceeded to re-roof grandmas house (in the rain) in three hours. We had some lunch and sang happy birthday to my nephew Brady, who had a very cool 'CARS' cake. I have some very talented sisters. After the roof was finished we headed back home and by the end of the day I had this beautiful new fan/light in my bathroom. While the guys went to Priesthood Session, mom took on another project: filling up the two curio cabinets that have been standing empty, yup you guessed, since they were moved into the house. They had needed a few small repairs before I could put things in them, and somehow those got fixed too.Isn't it amazing what happens when Grandparents come to visit? I tried to make it up to them by having lots of yummy food to eat while we watched the rest of conference, and of course having two adorable grandkids for them to enjoy as well. I appreciate my parents so much. I love them and would even be ok with them coming to visit and doing nothing but visiting :). But I appreciate getting the projects done too.
My youngest sister and her husband were also up spending the weekend and before they left we had some fun at the park across the street. I love my family so much, and I love love love having them come visit our house. G climb slide from Sarah Brown on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment