I just tried to give G a haircut.
He wouldn't take off his shirt so I decided to just start and deal with the hair later. He seemed pretty excited at first, then I turned on the clippers.
He winced every time I got them near his head. By the 2nd or 3rd swipe he was whining. By the 5th he was sobbing about how I was poking him. By the time I tried to do around his ears he was practically screaming that he was scared.
I'm not completely heartless so I stopped with only half a head done. I hugged him and tried to calm him down. I told him that his hair was so long and we needed to finish it so he could look so handsome. He calmed down but ran off so that I couldn't get near him with the scissors or clippers anymore.
I promised him a treat (yes, bribery is alive and well in our house). He finally agreed to let me finish the haircut. I got his shirt off and started to trim the top hair.
He started crying. I hurried as fast as I could but by the time I was finished he had snot running down his face which he proceede to rub at and mix with hair and he was a mess! I told him we needed to put him in the shower to clean up.
This brought on a whole new tantrum (NO! leave the socks ON!) and pretty much spelled the end of a nap for H. As I was washing him off in the shower he started muttering.
When I leaned closer, this is what I heard him say, "Nobody understands me."
You're right. I don't.
6 comments:
G is so entertaining! I wonder what he'll be like when he's older...probably funnier :)
What is it about hair cuts. My boys freak out too.
Oh man...that is Carter getting a haircut..and I'm sorry to say, he has been acting like that since he was Gordon's age!!! The only time he hasn't cried/whined/begged during a haircut was at Cookie Cutters -- a great place but not something I want to spend $18 on every other week. It's the clippers he hates the most.
Poor little G. That story is hilarious though.
Sarah,
You just got another lesson in parenting! Boys need dads to take care of haircuts. They always learn about haircuts best from watching dad or grandpa get one and then dad or grandpa gets to hold them while they get the clipping. It is even better if they can clip dad first! Sorry Kyle. It usually takes half a dozen clippings before they will clam down.
I really enjoyed your story, Sarah. It made me laugh. I love how you capture all the right details, it's like I am right there listening to you tell me the story in person. G sounds like a very precocious child. Must have gotten it from somewhere...? : )
Post a Comment