Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tomatoes take 2

The boys and I did tomato starts this year and planted them a couple of weeks after Mother's Day.  A few days ago I went outside to check on things and noticed that ALL 12 of our tomato plants had been nibbled down to stubs.  Darn birds.  Those are the only things I've seen in our garden.   

Being my typical self, I ranted about this on facebook and got some advice, so here is take two, with new tomato plants and shiny Christmas ornaments that will hopefully scare the birds away.  The boys had so much fun decorating the cages and we planted a few marigolds for good measure.


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

That is awesome. Mostly because when I saw you post this picture on facebook I just assumed that G had taken it upon himself to decorate the garden. Because I know how he loves holidays. :)

I hope that it works and keeps the pesky birds away from your tomato plants.

Stacy said...

We did marigolds too. Now, if only those ornaments would work for dogs!