Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day Two Part One

For our first full day we decided to spend it walking around the Mall in D.C.  When I say walking, I mean WALKING and walking and walking.  To get to all that walking though, we had to go to the local Kiss & Ride.  Being the obedient people we are we stopped for a kiss before boarding the Metro to ride into D.C.


We came up out of the Metro and headed toward the Capitol Building.


On the way there I noticed the National Botanical Gardens, I thought we would stop by for just a bit.  We were there for at least an hour, probably more.  It was beautiful, and since it's my blog, I'm going to post all the pretty flower pictures I want.



 Old Man Cactus

 Finger Cactus


 









 Proof that I was there.


 Proof that K was there, and a cute bear topiary.


 
 Looks like Cousin It.   It's a cactus.





Pot Head.
When I finally noticed that K's attention span for looking at flowers had come and gone some time ago, we left and started on the rest of our adventurous day.  We got a little closer to the Capitol, but there was some sort of Law Enforcement ceremony going on so it was just a quick glance from afar.


Kyle liked this old police car, and I liked seeing all the horses lined up, although it did sort of make me feel like I shouldn't be there, so we hurried on our way.


We saw this fancy statue thingy and I thought it looked picture worthy.  I can't remember what it is.


It was a really hot day so we played around by the fountains outside of the National Gallery of Art for a while, then we went in.  Now I know that there are those of you who would probably LOVE to spend hours and hours inside an art gallery.  We have discovered that we are not those people.  We tried.  We really did, but after looking at paintings we didn't like or understand and realizing that people sure like to paint other naked people a lot, we just looked at each other and turned around and left.  I'm starting to think I'm just not a very artistic person. 

We did take pictures by the front sign to prove we were there.



This picture is my attempt at being artistic.

Proof that I married a nerd.  He got so excited to take a picture here.

No comments: