Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Unexpected Homecoming

My little brother has been serving a mission in California for the past year. This week we got that news that he would be coming home to have knee surgery. I was lucky enough to be able to be at the airport to meet him with my parents. Unfortunately my camera was being stupid when I was trying to take pictures, so they aren't great. I should have stuck to video.



One of the reasons we were at the airport with my parents was to pick up his luggage. They were in a huge hurry to get to the Dr's office as soon as possible so we stayed behind and waited for the suitcases to show up. This was really very entertaining for G. Once we got the suitcases he tried to drag it all by himself. He mostly succeeded.






8-11-09 geting matts bags from Sarah Brown on Vimeo.

Later that evening we had an impromptu dinner with the family members that could make it on super short notice.
I really love getting together with my family. We all love and care about each other and enjoy spending time together. Plus when we spend time together we get little gems like this:





8-11-09 H grandpa catch from Sarah Brown on Vimeo.





8-11-09 H grandpa catch2 from Sarah Brown on Vimeo.


Fast forward a few weeks and here is a picture I 'borrowed' from my sister of Matt's knee after surgery. He recovered remarkably well and was able to return to his mission after just six weeks!

No comments: