Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Running Away

The boys were having a huge knockdown, drag-out fight over a little foam star.  I tried to get them to work it out, but finally took the star away and asked them to go down to the playroom because I didn't want to hear the fighting any more.  H stomped off to the bedroom and G burst into tears, made his way down to his 'hideout' and started telling me that he was going to leave this house forever and ever.

Fine.  Where will you go?

The backyard.  I'm going to live in the backyard forever.  Like for a week.

OK. Do you need anything?

No.  I'll be back for a visit.  When is H's party?  I'll be back for that.  And Sunday.  I'll come back and do Sunday with you.

What about the gym and swimming lessons?

I'll always do the gym and swimming lessons.

Where will you sleep.

I think in a tree.  I'll climb a tree and sleep there.  I'll be gone two weeks, but I'll give you a phone call and a note to tell you when I'll be back.

OK.  Well, I'm making fish sticks for dinner tonight.

I like that.  I'll be back for dinner.  I think I'll never leave you mom.  I'll love you forever.  But maybe when I'm grown up and I might have kids, then I'll leave.  But I'll still love you and I'll still come and visit you here.

Good.  I'll always love you too, buddy.

4 comments:

Cassi said...

This made me smile! Those guys are too cute!

Bluebird & Company said...

so cute! :)

Bluebird & Company said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diane D. said...

What a wonderful learning situation! What a good mom you are to let him learn his lessons his own way. I love the way he talks.