Daddy has a Scout camp out tonight, so I dug through my collection of free kid's meal coupons and took the boys out to dinner. We went to Sizzler because that was the only place G wouldn't throw a fit about when he found out we weren't going to McDonald's. He only accepted that choice because, "I've only been there one time mom! Not two, not three, not four, not even how many old I am. Just one!" (insert appropriate hand slapping gestures for emphasis). Sizzler it was. I'm cool with that, they have a good salad bar.
It was a very busy place, even at 5. I guess it's a popular choice on the weekend. We had a ten minute wait in line to even get to the cashiers. After making sure they still wanted to wait and not go somewhere else, I let them play with the flashlight from my key chain. It has a laser light pointer thingy on it that they think is hilarious. We were really entertaining to the older couple behind us.
We eventually got to the cashiers, I handed them my free kids meal coupon (which had expired, but they took it anyway) and asked for a salad bar for me and said the kids would share the meal. They asked how old H was and said he could have a free salad bar and drink so it worked out perfectly.
The boys munched on fruit while I got my salad, then I got H a plate full of random foods, just like he likes. G's hamburger showed up and he downed the jello and french fries, eventually taking a bite or two of hamburger. They were both so good. It was really an enjoyable time for me in spite of the crazy busy atmosphere. Our waitress would stop and chat with the boys cause she thought they were so cute, so H got silly and started showing off some of his 'skills' for her. Which mostly means making silly faces with silly noises. She thought they were hilarious.
We ended our meal with a little bit of ice cream from the dessert bar. I think I'm pretty lucky to get to spend my time with such cute company.
No comments:
Post a Comment