H came out to tell me that he had had a bad dream.
H- I was moving but things were moving me and I wasn't moving myself. It was in the bathtub and I saw an arm. It was a gray arm.
Me- Was it a rock monster? (starts singing 'rock monster' from a veggie tales movie)
H interrupting me- No mom. It was slobbery.
Me- Oh. Must have been the booger monster. (big smile from H) Do you want me to come in your room and turn some primary songs on?
H- Maybe...mom can I just hang out with you and watch a movie? (this was said with the kind of smile that means he knows he's not going to get away with it, but just maybe he can charm his way this time).
Me- Nope, sorry bud. It's really late and you were really tired. How about the primary songs?
H- yeah. That would be a good thing to help me not think about my dream and the monsters.
1 comment:
I love how creative you were with your response. I would have listened to their story and said, 'back to bed'.
Post a Comment